[Contents] [Editorial] [What is A SEED?]
SEEDlinks is the A SEED Global network magazine, made by
youth activists from North and South, distributed 4 times a
year. It facilitates European and global campaigns, stimulates
discussion between North and South, East and West, through
articles written by activists. It provides background
information on environment and development issues, gives
campaign updates and keeps everybody informed about what is
going on worldwide.
Write to SEEDlinks on gender and women's issues!
What follows is only our dream list of topics for SEEDlinks
articles on gender and women's issues. You are free to write
what you want, but have a look at this list if you can't think
of a subject for your article.
Women and Economy:
- Feminist economics
- Impact of restructuring of economy on women: Structural
Adjustment, trade, flexibilisation of labour, problems of
women in countries in transition, etc.
- Codes of Conduct for TNCs
- Microlending programs targeted at women
- Informal economy, unpaid work, "wages for housework"
- Changing consumption and production patterns
- Stories of concrete campaigns on the ground (Chipko,
anti-alcohol, land issues, reproductive rights, racism, etc.,
- Experiences of women activists in the movement
- Reproductive rights
- Health issues
- Position of migrant women
- Women and religion
- Refugee women
- Women in conflict situtions
- Matriarchal societies
- Occupying cyberspace versus the struggle for land: on the
differences between priorities in North and South
- Media, image and portrayal of women
- Women and environment
- Power feminism: being a Macha!
- Cyberfeminism, email, Internet
- Men's experiences with women's issues and/or campaigns
- Columns (sharp and witty, challenging)
- Good cartoons, graphics
- Book recommendations, short reviews
- Announcements, not too local
- Dreams, hopes, plans, ideas, etc.
A Good SEEDlinks article...
Send your contributions to A SEED Europe
- Is not too long (maximum around three pages, less is also
- Has a clear opinion, not necessarily that of your school
teacher, parents or prime minister
- Is written in English but can usually be translated if in
Spanish, French, German, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Dutch,
Bulgarian, Estonian or Italian...
- Has a short description of the author attached to it (two
lines saying who s/he is and what s/he is doing in life)
- Comes preferably on email or WP 5.1 diskette, BUT can also
be written, faxed, orally transmitted, etc., as long as it
can be deciphered by us
- Does not at all cost avoid being humoristic
Postbus 92066, 1090 ab Amsterdam, Netherlands
Phone +31 (0)20 668 2236, fax +31 (0)20- 66 501 66
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for the women's
© 1995/96 Young Women and Democracy / firstname.lastname@example.org.